E-TEC Rigging: Advanced

Information about Evinrude I-Command, ICON Pro, and ICON Touch Color Displays
jimh

E-TEC Rigging: Advanced

Postby jimh » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 am

Previously I have written extensively about E-TEC rigging, and summarized all of the information into a single comprehensive article incorporating a number of illustrations. See E-TEC Rigging Notes. That article gives a good foundation for most E-TEC rigging situations.

There are a few additional details about E-TEC rigging in regard to engine instrumentation that I felt needed expansion. I have written a second article to deal with these advanced details. The new article presently focuses on two topics:

--powering of NMEA-2000 network with ICON remote controls

--advanced methods of Trim gauge wiring and calibration

The new article is titled Advanced E-TEC Rigging and discusses these two topics in detail. Owners of Evinrude E-TEC engines who are planning to accomplish their own rigging and are going to be using NMEA-2000 instrumentation with ICON remote control should find the section on network power to be interesting. Evinrude E-TEC engine owners with ICON gauges who also want to display engine TRIM data on other devices will find my dual calibration method to be very useful. I have not seen any other place where these topics are discussed or explained. I offer my experience and insight to others.