Evinrude Part Numbers for Temperature Sensors

Information about Evinrude I-Command, ICON Pro, and ICON Touch Color Displays
jimh

Evinrude Part Numbers for Temperature Sensors

Postby jimh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:46 pm

In another thread on an another topic, user alli ss asked:

alli ss wrote:On an Evinrude ICON CTS 7.0 display there are three temperature readings: livewell water, seawater, and outside.

Q1: What are the [Evinrude] part numbers for these sensors?

Q2: Do these temperature sensors hook up to the network?

Q3: Or are they wired in somewhere?

jimh

Re: Evinrude Part Numbers for Temperature Sensors

Postby jimh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm

A1: I don't know the part numbers. Check with an Evinrude dealer for the part numbers. I am not a dealer and don't have access to the latest part number references.

A2: I would presume the sensors would be NMEA-2000 devices.

A3: I don't see any reference to having analogue inputs for temperature sensor so they are not likely "wired in somewhere."

A network temperature sensor would likely need to be configured to indicate what temperature was being sent. This usually means that the sensor must be configurable with a display device from the same manufacturer, or the sensor must be pre-configured at time of purchase. A sensor may be configurable by using EV-Diagnostics Version 6 or by an ICON CTS display or by other software made by the manufacturer of the sensor.

alli ss

Re: ICON 7.0 CTS Doesn't Show Fuel

Postby alli ss » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Evinrude has temperature sensors with part number 0764183 with the description “sea water kit w/tee." These sensors are used for water, air, and livewell temperature with ICON CTS displays.

alli ss

Postby alli ss » Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 am

After many phone calls to BRP technical services, I finally found somebody who knew how to configure these temperature sensors to [operate on the network with ] the ICON 7.0 CTS.

EVDIAG will see the sensors on the network when installed, but it provides no way to configure them.

You must use a Lowrance multi-fuction display such as the LMF-400 or LMF-200 on the network at the same time. Since everybody should have one of these laying around I now have one on the way.

This has became a very expensive proposition just to cover my OCD and have everything on my display working right.

Once I get this part in I'll update. I haven't forgot, its just that this ball rolls real slow with my dealer being three hours away and nobody in technical services at BRP knowing how to configure these sensors on their display.

jimh

Postby jimh » Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 am

jimh wrote:A network temperature sensor would likely need to be configured to indicate what temperature was being sent. This usually means that the sensor must be configurable with a display device from the same manufacturer...

If Lowrance is really the manufacturer of the NMEA temperature sensors, then a Lowrance multi-function display is probably the best way to configure them. I wouldn't get a LMF-200 or LMF-400. Those are ancient devices with really bad graphics. I'd look for a used HDS display. You can probably buy a working HDS-5 display for less than a LMF-200 gauge will cost at retail. Once you have them configured, you don't need the display to be on the network any more.

At one time Evinrude dealers had small 5-inch Lowrance multi-function displays as a service tool, just for the purpose of being able to work with Lowrance products, such as the LMF series. These displays were the method for loading software updater patches onto Lowrance NMEA devices. Your Evinrude dealer should have such a display in his "toolkit" of electronic tools. It should be able to configure a temperature sensor to manage the TYPE setting data.

alli ss

Postby alli ss » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 am

I bought a used Lowrance LMF-400 from a buddy [in order to be able to configure the Lowrance NMEA-2000 temperature sensors] because [the local Evinrude] dealer did not have [a Lowrance multi-function display to use to configure them].

To configure and heat-test all three sensors with the LMF-400 took 10-minutes.

That I had to resort to buying an outdated Lowrance display just to configure these Lowrance temperature sensors--even with full access to EV-Diagnostic software--was awful.

Thanks for all the help along the way.