Paul Hereux and Andy Longo

A conversation among Whalers
mdplunkett

Paul Hereux and Andy Longo

Postby mdplunkett » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Paul Hereux has been called the "Father of the Commercial Division" at Boston Whaler and is largely credited with generating Whaler's first contracts with the government, particularly for use in Vietnam. Since the 1960s the Commercial Division has been a cash cow for Whaler and its corporate owners. Unfortunately, Mr. Hereux passed away about a year ago, before I could interview him. If anyone knew or worked with Mr. Hereux (he went on to found Maritime Skiff after leaving BW), I'd like to speak with you.

Likewise, Andy Longo played a significant role in the development of the Commercial Division. Evidently, Hereux wasn't a strong numbers man, so CML brought in Longo (Harvard Business School) to help him out. It turned out to be a positive relationship, at least from the business side of things.

I hope Mr. Longo is alive and well, but I can't find him online. If anyone has any information about his whereabouts, please let me know.

The manuscript for the book is due in five weeks, and speaking to people connected to these two men would be highly valuable to my writing.

Thanks,
Matthew Plunkett

Email: thewhalerbook@gmail.com
Web: www.thewhalerbook.com
Facebook: @thewhalerbook