Battery Switch on Recent Boston Whaler Boats

A conversation among Whalers
jimh

Battery Switch on Recent Boston Whaler Boats

Postby jimh » Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 am

I am interested in learning what brand and type battery switch is being used on recent Boston Whaler boats where there are two batteries.

Readers who own a 2016 or newer Boston Whaler boat that was rigged from the factory with two (or more) batteries: please comment about the battery switch brand and type, or if you have a photograph of the battery switch, please provide a link to the image or attach the image to a reply.

If you have a very large image file and cannot upload it, just send it to me via email.

I suspect that the battery switch will be either a BEP cluster or a Blue Sea Systems switch.

jimh

Re: Battery Switch on Recent Boston Whaler Boats

Postby jimh » Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm

210 GUARDIAN owner Peter sent me this image of the Boston Whaler factory-installed battery switches:

batterySwitch210Guardian.jpg
Fig. 1. Two BEP ON-OFF battery switches for HOUSE and START batteries. Above the switches a remotely controlled solenoid places the batteries in parallel for emergency starting.
batterySwitch210Guardian.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 2293 times

Peter--thank you for sending me the images. I hope some other readers will send in some photographs of the battery switch on their Boston Whaler boats. Only from participation in sharing information is there is information to share.