Forum Service Interruption--November 17 - 19, 2021

A conversation among Whalers
jimh

Forum Service Interruption--November 17 - 19, 2021

Postby jimh » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:22 am

The forum at CONTINUOUSWAVE.COM was off line for about two days. The problem began early on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.

The forum was back on Friday, November 19, 2021, about 9:14 a.m. EST.

The problem occurred at a moment in time when it was very difficult for me to work on the problem, and resolution of the problem had to wait while I was occupied with three other more-urgent tasks:

--some oral surgery (Wednesday morning); this procedure went very well, relieving me of considerable anxiety (and pain);
--an electric clothes dryer that suddenly stopped working (Wednesday afternoon); I found the electrical problem, ordered a repair part from Amazon with overnight delivery on Thursday, and got the dryer running again; and
--getting a COVID booster vaccine (Thursday); this shot had more side-effects than I expected, so I was not running on all-cylinders afterwards.

Fortunately, I awoke this morning, Friday, with a clear head and no other immediate problems, and I was able to restore the forum to normal operation.

To get the forum back in operation was quite a relief. I am the principal technical support person, and I really can't call anyone to fix it except myself.

dtmackey

Re: Forum Service Interruption--November 17 - 19, 2021

Postby dtmackey » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:01 am

Glad to hear you're on the good side of the 3 challenges at home and "found the switch" to turn the forum back on. ;-)

D-

Oldslowandugly

Postby Oldslowandugly » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Oral surgery? YIKES! Take as long as you need! We can wait.

andygere

Postby andygere » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:03 am

No worries Jim, that’s a lot of more important stuff. Glad you are up and running again along with the site.
1989 Outrage 22 Cuddy

Bretm1

Postby Bretm1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 am

Jim--I discovered and joined your old forum around 2005. I have had four Boston Whaler project-boats since that time. Currently I have no boat, but I continue to lurk.

Over the years, whether posting or browsing, your forum has not only been a great Boston Whaler resource, it has been a provider of comfort. It is part of my nightly decompressing routine. The comfort comes from the nostalgia, consistency and stability aspects of the forum. For me, the forum is grounding and frankly therapeutic in the midst of the “service interruptions” which life can sometimes bring us. I believe because you are an actual human being , that the forum has a soul. A good soul, based on proper use of grammar and engine descriptions. I’m certain others feel the same way as me and are in the same boat, so to speak.

Thanks for keeping this forum going despite the difficulties you’ve faced. I’m glad you are feeling better. It is admirable that you have developed and kept this going primarily on your own. You certainly deserve and need to take care of yourself and your family

Take care and best regards to you and your family this holiday season.
Bret

jimh

Postby jimh » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:43 am

Bretm1 wrote:Jim...your forum has...been a provider of comfort. It is part of my nightly decompressing routine. ...I believe because you are an actual human being, that the forum has a soul. A good soul, based on proper use of grammar and engine descriptions.
Bret--In the more than 20-years of running the forum, I have been called many things. Being called "an actual human being" is quite a nice compliment in comparison to some of the epithets hurled at me. Thank you for your kind and encouraging remarks about the forum.

Bretm1

Postby Bretm1 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:58 pm

My pleasure, Jim.