Sad News: Passing of “WhalerAce”

A conversation among Whalers
Mambo Minnow

Sad News: Passing of “WhalerAce”

Postby Mambo Minnow » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:33 am

It is with deep sadness I must report the passing of longtime forum member, Mike “Ace” McCreight aka “WhalerAce”.

He was preceded in death just 2 months prior by his lovely bride Joy. He was just shy of attending by 2 days his 45th reunion with shipmates at The Citadel. We ran in some of the same Navy circles and that is how I found out this sad news.

I met WhalerAce at several Whaler Rendevous on the Suwannee and St. John’s rivers here in FL. He was a gregarious and generous soul always willing to lend a hand to fellow Whaler fans.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers in these difficult times. Give thanks for the friends and fellowships that still endure.

Mambo Minnow

Re: Sad News: Passing of “WhalerAce”

Postby Mambo Minnow » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:33 pm

jimh

Re: Sad News: Passing of “WhalerAce”

Postby jimh » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 am

I am very saddened to hear that WhalerAce (Ace McCreight) and his wife, Joy, have both passed away. We met Ace and Joy at a Boston Whaler company-sponsored rendezvous event in Stuart, Florida, in April, 2004. Ace and Joy came down from South Carolina with their TEMPTATION 2500 boat. They were wonderfully friendly people, and we enjoyed meeting them at the rendezvous.

whalerAce.jpg
Fig. 1. "Ace" McCreight at the helm of his TEMPTATION 2500, with wife Joy and Nick M aboard. Taken in Stuart, Florida, April 2004. Photo by the author.
whalerAce.jpg (168.53 KiB) Viewed 1991 times