9 TENDER Wood Locating Diagram

A conversation among Whalers
TreyWeitzel

9 TENDER Wood Locating Diagram

Postby TreyWeitzel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:21 am

Where can a wood locating diagram for a 9 TENDER be found on-line?

BACKSTORY: In December 2021 I bought a 1990 9 TENDER as a winter project. This 9 TENDER lived on the hardtop of a boat all of its life and saw little time in the water. It was left uncovered so the interior gel coat is showing significant crazing. My project plans at this point are just to refinish all wood, apply new graphics, buff out the gel coat, and apply wax.
1997 Boston Whaler Dauntless 13'
1990 Boston Whaler 9' Tender
1982 Boston Whaler Harpoon 4.6

jimh

Re: 9 TENDER Wood Locating Diagram

Postby jimh » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:07 pm

TreyWeitzel wrote:Where can a wood locating diagram for a 9 TENDER be found on-line?

All the wood locating diagrams that are available on CONTINUOUSWAVE.COM are listed in the REFERENCE section article at

Drawings of Boston Whaler Components Available Online
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... wings.html

CONTINUOUSWAVE.COM for many years declined to try to collect and archive all possible wood locating diagrams because the Boston Whaler company had a customer support team that would email the correct drawing to any Boston Whaler owner that asked for the wood locating diagram. I don't know the status of that policy. I recommend you contact Boston Whaler customer service.

The last time I called Boston Whaler customer service was during the early stages of the pandemic, the factory was shut down, and customer service personnel were working from home. They did not have access to files like wood locating diagrams at that time. I don't know their status in January 2022. The most recent telephone number I have is ‭(386) 428-0057‬.

Report your success at reaching a live person from Boston Whaler customer service if you do call them. At one time they seemed to have implemented a policy of no live telephone calls being answered. All inquiries had to be submitted on a web-form. Then customer service would contact you to reply.

If you obtain the wood locating diagram for a 9 TENDER, I would be glad to add that file to the collection here.

TreyWeitzel

Postby TreyWeitzel » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 am

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I called Whaler this morning and spoke with Ryan in customer service. He said records prior to 1994+/- are hit or miss but he is going to dig through and see what he can turn up. I will report back. Thank you again!

TreyWeitzel

Postby TreyWeitzel » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:34 am

Heard back from Ryan at Boston Whaler Customer Service and he was not able to come up with a Wood Diagram. However, Sue Lodel at Beacon Marine was able to locate one called Wood Locations for Lifting Hardware! It is attached (I think) to this post, feel free to add to the database.
Attachments
Wood Locating Diagram - 1976 9 Tender.pdf
(38.24 KiB) Downloaded 93 times