Need Very Specific Picture of DAUNTLESS 16

A conversation among Whalers
RLSmith

Need Very Specific Picture of DAUNTLESS 16

Postby RLSmith » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:01 pm

I need a picture of a c.2000 DAUNTLESS 16 that shows the front of the console and exactly where the backrest cushion is located.

BACKSTORY
I have a 2000 16 DAUNTLESS with the Fishing Package option, which includes four rod holders mounted on the front of the console where there would normally be a cushion serving as a backrest to the cooler seat.

I ordered a full set of replacement cushions from Specialty Marine including the cooler backrest cushion.

I am not a fisherman. I will remove the rod holders and install the cooler backrest cushion. The Final Assembly and Outfit Sheet has a good view of the front of the console showing where the rod holders are positioned, but does not have an equivalent view showing where the backrest is positioned.

To see the cooler backrest cushion visit this vendor's website:
https://www.specialtymarine.com/products/boston-whaler-console-backrest-for-dauntless-16-and-18-bright-white

Todd

Re: Need Very Specific Picture of DAUNTLESS 16

Postby Todd » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:24 am

I have several pictures of my 2003 160 Dauntless showing the backrest along with the measurements of where it's positioned and how it's anchored in the console. I can send them via email to you.

[Moderator's note: your other post describing the problem you have trying to upload images has been moved to the INTRODUCTION TO USING THE FORUM SOFTWARE forum and to the post ADDING IMAGES TO POSTS and your question is answered there. THE GAM is a boating forum, and not for discussion of problems encountered in trying to use the forum software.]

[To get the email address of another participant in the forum, just click on their forum user name while you are logged into the forum as a registered user.]

Todd

Postby Todd » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:31 pm

Thanks Jim for your assistance. The pictures have been emailed to RL. Happy boating--Todd.

RLSmith

Postby RLSmith » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Todd: Thanks for the quick response. The pictures and dimensions were exactly what I was looking for.

jimh

Postby jimh » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:28 pm

RLSMITH--show us the outcome of your refit when you get finished. I am glad the forum could provide a resource for the information you were seeking.