NAUSET Railings and Navigation Lamp: Source for re-chroming or replacement parts

A conversation among Whalers
Dave_a

NAUSET Railings and Navigation Lamp: Source for re-chroming or replacement parts

Postby Dave_a » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:18 pm

Q1: what are sources for re-chroming older parts from the railing from a NAUSET 16 boat like the rail bases or the rail side standoffs or the combined sidelight navigation lamp and its chocks?

Q2: what are sources for new replacement parts for the rail standoffs or rail bases for the railings or for the combined sidelight lamp for a NAUSET 16 boat?

BACKSTORY. I have contacted chrome re-plating shops to have parts redone from the railings and the combined sidelight lamp and chocks, and those shops gave truly astounding estimated costs, pricing at $1,200 to $1,500 for a job that would have about 25 pieces in total.

I've been warned about the dubious quality of Boston Whaler reproduction parts sold by a Texas marine stainless parts manufacturer.

Seadog and Taco marine don't have suitable parts.

Tom Hemphill

Re: NAUSET Railings and Navigation Lamp: Source for re-chroming or replacement parts

Postby Tom Hemphill » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:13 pm

Seven years ago I related my experience with re-chroming parts in a post on the old forum. The company's estimate was based on $20 per piece, which seemed reasonable to me at the time. It is very labor intensive work.

Phil T

Re: NAUSET Railings and Navigation Lamp: Source for re-chroming or replacement parts

Postby Phil T » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 pm

Some shops for chrome services recommended by Whaler owners:

If you need a Boston-Whaler-style combined sidelight navigation lamp, call Justin or Jason at Nauset Marine

https://www.nausetmarine.com/boston-whaler-parts/lighting-and-electrical/light-assemblies/500-5009-classic-bow-light/
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003