Locate 13-footer sold in 2004

A conversation among Whalers
BobSheaNavy

Locate 13-footer sold in 2004

Postby BobSheaNavy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:53 pm

Q1: how can I track down an Anniversary Edition 13-footer (with HIN BWCN3711J798) I sold in the Summer of 2004 in Woolwich, Maine?

I'm retiring and want to buy back that boat.

[Moderator's note: this post has been moved out of MARKETPLACE because the purpose of this post is to elicit a discussion. Posts to MARKETPLACE are not to be intended to elicit discussions; they must be just notices of for-sale or wanted to buy, or for eliciting an appraised value for a specific boat.]

jimh

Re: Locate 13-footer sold in 2004

Postby jimh » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:30 am

Contact the buyer to whom you sold the boat.

I am unaware of any public database that allows searching for boats by their federal hull identification number, so the HIN won't be much help to you in finding this particular boat.

I have heard that the pace of life in Maine is a bit slower than elsewhere on the East Coast, so the boat you sold 18-years ago may not have travelled very far from where you last saw it.

For seller’s remorse to develop 18-years after the sale is a long time interval, but in some cases the wisdom gained in 18-years of boating may result in greater appreciation of a sold asset like a classic Boston Whaler 13-footer.