Dauntless 220 full cover

A conversation among Whalers
jodapa

Dauntless 220 full cover

Postby jodapa » Tue May 30, 2023 4:43 pm

I purchased my 2005 Dauntless 220 in 2020. The boat came with a full cover that I never had the opportunity to put on the boat. The boat has a T-top and individual covers for the center console, helm seat, and engine, and so on.

When I tried to install the full cover on the boat today, I was able to figure out the bow and aft sections but not the amidships section which is apparently missing or never existed. When I purchased the boat, the previous owner had the full cover in place so I am assuming I have all of the pieces I need.

The aft section does have a zippered hole for the navigation lamp and the antenna tip, This makes me think that I am missing a third piece of the cover which joins the aft and forward sections together to complete a full cover.

Or, the existing T-top serves as part of the full cover and I am just not attaching the bow and stern sections together correctly.

Help me figure this out

Q1: how many individual pieces make up a full cover?

Q2: does the existing T-Top cover serve as a part of a full cover with the aft and forward sections fastened underneath it?

jodapa

Re: Dauntless 220 full cover

Postby jodapa » Tue May 30, 2023 5:51 pm

I found an old picture showing the boat with the cover on. The picture shows there are two pieces joined together under the T-top.

I also discovered that it is easier to zip all of the zippers and clasps before pulling it over the sides. Sometimes you just need to ask a question to figure out a solution.