For Sale - Outrage 25 - stainless transom brace - $100
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm
For sale is this custom transom brace that was on my 1984 Outrage 25 when I purchased it. I believe the prior owner had it made. You can see pictures of it at
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/library/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace
The best picture to see it in action is this old picture from when the prior owner advertised the boat for sale.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/media/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace/577b_zpsg0yi4de1.jpg.html
There are 3 main pieces
- 0.125" stainless bracket that fits over the entire transom
- two stainless U-brackets that fit over the transom dam on the Outrage 25 (or Revenge 25, or Frontier 25)
- two stainless rods that connect the U-brackets to the transom bracket
This is a substantial piece. Overall width is 55", and it was custom made for the Outrage 25 or other hulls with the same rear arrangement (Revenge 25 and Frontier 25). The transom bracket is drilled for twin engines, but you could easily drill it to fit a single.
The bracket really reinforces the transom. I no longer need it as I had my whole transom rebuilt as part of installing a Hermco bracket earlier in 2016. The original transom on my boat was soft and wet when we tore it down as part of the rebuild. However, with the stainless brace over it, the transom never moved even with the weight of twin Optimax 150s on jackplates.
I believe that all of the stainless is 316. I have had the boat in saltwater a few times, and not seen any corrosion at all on the pieces.
I've no idea how much this cost to make originally, but I'm sure it was well into the hundreds of dollars - the transom brace is professionally bent and fits perfectly over the original transom, and all of the work on the parts if very nice.
I'll sell it for $100 plus shipping. The total weight is around 50 lbs.
Email me at the address in my profile if you have questions.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/library/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace
The best picture to see it in action is this old picture from when the prior owner advertised the boat for sale.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/russellbailey3/media/For%20Sale/For%20Sale%20-%20Transom%20Brace/577b_zpsg0yi4de1.jpg.html
There are 3 main pieces
- 0.125" stainless bracket that fits over the entire transom
- two stainless U-brackets that fit over the transom dam on the Outrage 25 (or Revenge 25, or Frontier 25)
- two stainless rods that connect the U-brackets to the transom bracket
This is a substantial piece. Overall width is 55", and it was custom made for the Outrage 25 or other hulls with the same rear arrangement (Revenge 25 and Frontier 25). The transom bracket is drilled for twin engines, but you could easily drill it to fit a single.
The bracket really reinforces the transom. I no longer need it as I had my whole transom rebuilt as part of installing a Hermco bracket earlier in 2016. The original transom on my boat was soft and wet when we tore it down as part of the rebuild. However, with the stainless brace over it, the transom never moved even with the weight of twin Optimax 150s on jackplates.
I believe that all of the stainless is 316. I have had the boat in saltwater a few times, and not seen any corrosion at all on the pieces.
I've no idea how much this cost to make originally, but I'm sure it was well into the hundreds of dollars - the transom brace is professionally bent and fits perfectly over the original transom, and all of the work on the parts if very nice.
I'll sell it for $100 plus shipping. The total weight is around 50 lbs.
Email me at the address in my profile if you have questions.