Page 1 of 1

Outrage 18 Fiberglass Gunwales

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 am
by FLDC001
Hello, I have a 1989 Outrage 18 and I am looking to replace the teak covering boards with fiberglass ones. The teak boards are in very good shape and are available for trade if interested. I am also looking for a new fuel tank, rub rail kit and bow cleat. Point Pleasant, New Jersey - Joedmorris@edgewoodproperties.com

Re: Outrage 18 Fiberglass Gunwales

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:54 pm
by Phil T
Gunwale covers - I recall reading there was a vendor who did a mold for the gunwale covers. I think it was Orlando's in Texas?

The OEM fuel tank and rub rail are still available.
Contact FMT Marine - http://floridamarinetanks.com

Rub rail - Contact your local dealer, Sue @ Twin Cities Marine (http://www.beacontcm.com] or
Barbour Plastics (Rigid is #R1313, insert is #F850) https://www.integritymarinecorp.com/product-page/r1313-f850-rigid-rubrail-with-flexible-insert

The Sampson post is out of production.

Re: Outrage 18 Fiberglass Gunwales

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 am
by Phil T
After reviewing the archives, you may want to consider replacing just the wood with starboard like material.
It could be a DIY and significantly cheaper.

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001536.html