Page 1 of 1

For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston-SOLD

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:07 pm
by PeteG
Making way for a new (to me) Whaler, so I'm parting with my late 60's 13' Sourpuss with a '99 35 HP Johson with power tilt/trim on an aluminum transom extension bracket. Professionally converted to hydraulic steering. Always serviced professionally. I have a 4 blade prop on there now and a brand new OMC 3 blade in the box.

Recently did power pack and water pump. Running on premix. New battery and fuel line/bulb last year too. Have a blue canvas custom cover, but it needs one of the seams resewn. Records available.

Boat is mostly original and runs very well. Bottom painted with a red boot stripe, but bottom paint is getting milky, so it could use a new coat. Shorelandr trailer included. Did new leaf springs last year.

Asking $3400.00 (letter) p (letter) g keating@comcast.net (978)88six-374one

Finally got uncovered and took pics:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r451 ... 1493897708

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r451 ... 1493897823

Re: For Sale by owner late 60's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 pm
by crbenny
13 Sourpuss didn't exist in the 60's.

Re: For Sale by owner late 60's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:34 pm
by PeteG
crbenny wrote:13 Sourpuss didn't exist in the 60's.


What year did BW start/stop making the Sourpuss? I was going off of what the PO told me.

I have a curved transom but square well. It's blue interior has a steering wheel in the center and wrap around rails.

Does that help identify? I'll have to get the HIN when the snow is gone....

Re: For Sale by owner late 60's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm
by crbenny
The Sourpuss was a center steer 13' model and it started with the transition hulls in '71/'72 that had the 15" transom with blue interior but with the sink style splash well and the new smirked bow. It lasted a few years into the desert tan, 20" transom hulls but I don't know when it ended.

Chris

Re: For Sale by owner late 60's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:49 am
by PeteG
Updated with pics

Re: For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:16 pm
by goldstem
pictures definitely show a 71/72 sourpuss. doesn't have the original blue cushions (no surprise) and the seats have been raised.

Re: For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am
by PeteG
Very surprised with the *new* warm weather, that I'm not getting (more) action

Re: For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:06 am
by crbenny
Pete, I'll be in Weymouth in a few weeks. I'd like to have a look.

Chris

Re: For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:53 pm
by PeteG
Chris,

By all means. I'm a work from home guy, so I'm pretty flexible most days.

Pete

Re: For Sale by owner early 70's 13' Sourpuss Boston area

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 am
by PeteG
SOLD