Page 1 of 1
Price help 1987 Montauk 17
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 pm
by Divin'Ivan
I have been offered a 1987 Montauk 17 with a seized Yamaha 70 engine. Boat itself looks to be in good shape, some spider cracks and does have bottom paint. No trailer. Console and seat look to be original.
Is $3000 a good price assuming hull only?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Price help 1987 Montauk 17
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:22 am
by sraab928
If its the one listed in North Miami its a good price for what I see - trailer needs to be replaced immediately though.
Re: Price help 1987 Montauk 17
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:21 am
by Ducktown
Try to check how the hull sits in the water before you decide. I have the same boat. While I'm still happy with it, I wish I had paid more attention to that prior to buying it. Many Whalers of this age have water in the hull, and mine sits lower than it should with a slight list to the port side. Had I been aware of this prior to buying, I may have passed on it.
Re: Price help 1987 Montauk 17
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm
by Divin'Ivan
That boat did not last, I called the next morning and no answer, the post was deleted by its author. Oh well, probably a blessing, I don't know if my marriage was ready for me to take on a project --I laugh aloud--.
Re: Price help 1987 Montauk 17
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:02 pm
by sraab928
Good deals go very fast - You gotta jump on em.