Page 1 of 1

BOUGHT: Classic 17-footer preferably in New England

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 pm
by mikewillsmith
[UPDATED} Luckily I found and purchased a nice 17'. Thank you to those who sent me leads.Thank you,--Mike
Wanted: classic 17' Boston Whaler, Montauk 1980-1990s style (Classic Whaler, not the newer type). I'm a long time and multiple Whaler owner (had my first 13' when I was 12 and now I'm 52 with a 29.5 Conquest) and my son is now old enough for his own Whaler. I am looking for a clean boat (no weird fishing conversions or anything) and no projects please. It doesn't need to be perfect but should be nice. Somewhere in New England would be great, I'm in Maine, but I will travel longer distances for the right boat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Email me at: info@eastcoastrover.com

Starts discussion. MARKETPLACE NOT FOR DISCUSSION

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 am
by PeteG
[Please don't start a discussion in MARKETPLACE. If you want to begin a discussion about the relative merits of certain boats compared to other boats, please do that in THE GAM.]

Re: WTB 17' Whaler (preferably in New England)

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 am
by MYS18
Hi Mike,

I have a 2006 with Mercury 90 4 stroke, trailer, canvas,gps, fishfinder, less than 100 hours, asking $18k
it is shrinkwrapped but easy to show. located in Mattapoisett, MA

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... achtSales&

Re: WTB 17' Whaler (preferably in New England)

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:56 am
by mikewillsmith
Thanks,
I should have specified that I am looking for a Classic Whaler style 1980s or 1990s, not the newer style 17.

Still looking. I haven't been able to find one close enough that it doesn't get bought out from under me yet.

Re: WTB Classic 17=footer preferably in New England

Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:40 pm
by BB62Ding
Mike,
Are you still looking for a Classic Montauk? I have one for sale in NH.
Bob