Page 1 of 1

FS 1989 Yamaha EXCEL 225 Hudson Valley NY

Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm
by Russell Upsumgrub
Greetings fellow Whaler Enthusiasts,

Offered for sale: $3,400

1989 225 Yamaha EXCEL with controls and digital gauges
Location: Catskill, New York
Contact me through this forum or the marina through craigslist

This is MY motor being sold for me by "Riverview Marina"
The motor was just removed from my Outrage 22 Cuddy for a repower.
This Motor Runs Perfectly
Newer lower unit (previous owner - done in 2013) including shift shaft (big job)
Separate oil tank pumps reliably.
Includes a 19" pitch SS and a painted aluminum prop
This motor pushed my boat to 50 mph with a light load.
Fuel economy est 1.8 mpg overall based on total consumption and GPS distance.
Second cowling (I used for winter storage)
I always maintained this motor myself. Always used Yamalube fuel treatment, fuel/water separator, and West Marine 2s Oil.
Best estimate of hours is in 300 to 500 range. I put 120 hours on it myself according to my ship's logbook since 2014.
Used mostly for cruising the Hudson River and Adirondack lakes...and a few trips around Manhattan Island.
If interested, please see Craigslist listing hosted by the marina owner, Mike.

The dealer removed the motor after performing a thorough on-the-water inspection and cruise.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/bpo ... 63124.html

Re: FS 1989 Yamaha EXCEL 225 Hudson Valley NY

Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:06 pm
by dtmackey
The Yamaha Excel 225 has what are considered to be the best heads Yamaha every put on the 2.6L two stroke motor and speed enthusiasts seek them out. I'd suggest you also post this motor over on the screamandfly.com website.

I sold one years ago and the guy drove 8 hours each way to pick it up.

D-

Re: FS 1989 Yamaha EXCEL 225 Hudson Valley NY

Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:23 pm
by Russell Upsumgrub
Excellent advice. Thank you.

I heard that these are "bulletproof" blocks and are sought by those wishing to run over 7000 RPM reliably.

I will extend the offer to the screamers.

Re: FS 1989 Yamaha EXCEL 225 Hudson Valley NY

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 pm
by Russell Upsumgrub
Motor is SOLD
$3000 Cash

I always said that motor was FAST!!