FS: 1972 Boston Whaler Nauset - Restored

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
s2ochen

FS: 1972 Boston Whaler Nauset - Restored

Postby s2ochen » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:31 pm

This boat is a complete restoration that just was completed after 5 years. (Motor will most likely be painted the week of 7/9, original graphics will be masked and painted around. Just got cans of the original colors to be sprayed on.)

It was flipped upsidedown, sandblasted, built back up and faired with epoxy. The bottom has 7 coats of interprotect 2000 on it and VC-17 bottom paint. The hull was painted with Flag Blue 2 part polyurethane (Interlux Perfection.) The inside is the original gelcoat and was buffed. Came out great, but there are a few signs of the age of the boat in that gelcoat which gives a nice patina. The electrical system has been upgraded and replaced. Tinned wires, LED bow lights, new fuse panel, battery switch, bilge pump, new pull switches, etc. The console and seat are original and have many coats of Interlux varnish on them. The console has been reinforced with fiberglass and aluminum in areas that don't show, but are known to break down over time. There is no rot in the wood parts. Rub rail is new and upgraded to the new style. Bow light is new, many of the chrome plated bronze parts are now stainless replacements.

Motor is a 70hp Johnson from 1976. I purchased the boat from the original owner and the story he told me was he bought the boat from Gregory's Marine in 1972 and had a clamp on Chrysler Motor. He took it to Lockemans in 1976 and had this motor put on it. His kids used it for 1 summer and got poor grades the following winter. He told them no boat after that and it just sat winterized in his back yard until I purchased it almost 12 years ago. I ran the motor maybe 100 hours. It runs like a champ and burns a couple gallons an hour if you aren't going full out. Great on gas, very easy to work on. I have the original shop manual as well for the motor.

I also have many of the original parts including the chrome plated bronze bow light and stern hooks, plastic steering wheel, bimini top, etc.

I am including new anchor and anchor chain, new boxes of new england ropes dock line, new bag of life jackets, new flares, and evreything you need to be legal. Trailer I believe to be original to the boat, it was painted navy blue with interlux brightside paint. Also comes with a 10x20 winter shelter logic garage. I believe it is better for the boat to store it without the snow load and lets the wood breathe.

Asking $14,950. Will be going to Harbor Springs in a few weeks and could take the boat up North. Boat is located at Ford Yacht Club in Grosse Ile, MI. It has always been a freshwater boat and never seen saltwater.

Craigslist ad is here with pictures: https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/ ... 97268.html

Contact me ochendiehl@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you.

Port Side Whaler small.jpg
Port Side Whaler small.jpg (75.37 KiB) Viewed 3261 times

Port Bow Whaler small.jpg
Port Bow Whaler small.jpg (65.33 KiB) Viewed 3261 times

Stern Starboard Whaler small.jpg
Stern Starboard Whaler small.jpg (166.71 KiB) Viewed 3261 times