FS: 1979 SPORT 17

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
TommyWhaler

FS: 1979 SPORT 17

Postby TommyWhaler » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 am

For sale: a 1979 Boston Whaler Sport 17 with Evinrude 100-HP engine, trailer, and Bimini top, in Deland FL, 25-miles due west of Daytona Beach, for $7,750. Contact me at 386-748-0535

I am the second owner of this boat. It is 95-percent original, including the engine and trailer. Boat has been garage stored its entire life. There are no spider cracks. The gel coat is amazing.

I had the trailer redone with bunks replacing the rollers. The trailer has new tires, including the spare, with new Buddy bearings installed on new hubs.

The Evinrude 100-HP engine was gone thru at the original dealer which sold this boat. This was the engine the dealer installed, and it is more power than this boat needs.

I had custom cushions made for this boat. The foam inside the cushions is 220 Ethafoam, and it is impervious to water. You could float on these cushions if you had to. The foam is covered with red Sunbrella.

This is the sixth Whaler I have owned. I bought this boat with the plan to use it while I redid my 1973 21 Outrage. Over a year later it hasn’t happened yet, and I have used this boat less than five hours in that time, so it is time to move on. You will be hard pressed to find a cleaner Classic than this one.

Photos can be seen temporarily at

https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/d/de ... 88274.html