Page 1 of 1

SOLD 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm
by Sammy
SOLD 1987 Boston Whaler 15' Super Sport with 1987 Johnson 2 Stroke and Sea Bird Trailer. Boat is in excellent, original condition. Has an Aqualon towing cover and also a full mooring cover. I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner used it once and decided it was too small for his large frame. The 1st owner had it mostly on the hard at the local yacht club. I have owned the boat for 7 years. I'm selling it because I have used it less and less over the years as we bought an express cruiser. The boat has a bimini top and a Hummingbird 596c fishfinder. The seats, cushions and wood are all in very good to excellent condition. The boat is located in Rock Island, IL and is still winterized from the winter before last. The engine was tuned up in May of 2017 with new plugs, impellor, and carbs cleaned. The VRO unit had been removed when I bought it. The trailer has surface rust. The tires (including spare) and bearings are about 5 years old. The bearing were repacked in 2017 and hasn't traveled very far since. The boat will be available the end of October but please call or email anytime. More pictures are also available at that time.Asking $9,900. Call 309.two3zero,7two6two. Email dpermant@gmail.com.

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:35 am
by biggiefl
Wow! That is a nice ride.

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 pm
by Sammy
Would like to ask the folks on this forum that know a lot more than me on what it will take to sell this boat. What is a fair price for this boat? If it is partly the location then I'm sure something can be worked out. Thinking about taking it to a broker next month in northern Mississippi, and posting it on Boat trader. Thanks for the advice!!

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:28 am
by Jefecinco
You have a good looking boat. The same can't be said for the trailer. This is not a great time of the year for selling boats. I can't tell you what a fair price is but nothing sells a boat faster than a bargain. Unless you are in a hurry you could cover the boat up until spring then do some trailer maintenance and touch up paint the engine before offering the boat again. Otherwise I would make a serious cut of the asking price.

I doubt that leaving the boat with a broker in Northern Mississippi would accomplish much.

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 am
by biggiefl
Brokers usually get at least 10%. Most boats do not sell on Whaler sites as we all own Whalers. Try boat trader, craigslist and a few other sites. You now have that broker fee for wiggle room.

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:57 pm
by Sammy
New Price. Going on boattrader for $8,000. Currently in storage but is easily accessible. Thanks!

Re: FOR SALE 1987 15' Super Sport w/ 70hp Johnson

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 am
by Sammy
Sold. It went to a good home.