Page 1 of 1
APPRAISAL: 1964 17-footer
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm
by Rfiorelli
Re: APPRAISAL: 1964 17-footer
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:43 pm
by Phil T
Maybe $3,000 to $4,000.
Re: APPRAISAL: 1964 17-footer
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:45 pm
by jimh
The boat looks like it was a CURRITUCK. See
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... #currituckA few pictures really tell very little.
What is the engine? Does it run?
What is the trailer? Is it road-ready?
Have you sea-trialed the boat?
Bottom paint can hide many flaws.
The wood looks very dark. Is it original?
Re: APPRAISAL: 1964 17-footer
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:16 pm
by Rfiorelli
83 90 hp Johnson. says it runs well. I’m going to see it this weekend. It’s a [CURRITUCK], top speed around 40.
I’ll ask him more questions later. I asked if it’s waterlogged and if the hull is in good shape. He said no water, and it’s in good shape. The pictures make it look good to me. I’ll ask to lower the price.
Re: APPRAISAL: 1964 17-footer
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 pm
by biggiefl
It is not a 1974 as it has a blue hull. The engine "resembles" a 1983 but decals are wrong.