FS: 1989 Boston Whaler Outrage 18'

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
MittenBoat

FS: 1989 Boston Whaler Outrage 18'

Postby MittenBoat » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:46 am

FOR SALE: A 1989 OUTRAGE 18 with a 1989 Johnson 150-HP outboard motor, 2005 Johnson 15HP 4 stroke trolling motor, and a custom dual axle trailer, $17,000 in Brighton, Michigan

Some of you may recognize this 1989 OUTRAGE 18 boat, TOTEM formerly CICADA. It has been on a few trips with forum members.

Link to google drive pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The boat has never been kept in the water and has never been bottom painted as far as I know.

The boat has been stored inside (mostly) by previous owner, and outside (covered mostly) for about one year.

The boat is located in Brighton, MI.

The boat has the Johnson 150 main engine, along with a spot for the trolling motor, I'll include the 2005 Johnson 15-HP four-stroke trolling motor in the sale: there's a picture of it in the google drive link.

The hull has never been painted.

The gunwales and cupboard doors are teak

The electronics include a Garmin chart plotter and SONAR, VHF Marine Band radio, an AM-FM-CD receiver with speaker built into the console.

The boat has a classic reversible pilot seat

The boat has a cooler with seat cushion (not pictured). (I can get some in addition to the pictured non-padded cooler). The cooler located forward of the center console. There is also space for a non-padded cooler under the reversible pilot seat.

The boat has a full Wm. J. Mills canvas set consisting of Forward Shelter, Flying Top, Storage cover, stainless steel frames.

The boat has hydraulic steering.

The boat has navigation lighting.

The fuel tank was sealed and repaired recently due to a fracture in the tank.

The 150-HP Johnson engine has recently had all carburetor rebuilt and a few other repairs.

Custom trailer has brakes that engage under heavy braking, lightning hookup, spare tire, tongue step, and guide poles.

Recent repair list:
Rebuilt carbs
Impeller change
Fuel lines replaced
Fuel filter replaced
New spark plugs
New battery
New battery cables
New water seperator
New fuel filter
Fuel tank crack repair (sealed)
New battery select multi switch
I have the full bill/records/comments of the repairs made lately that I can share if interested

Notes after taking it out for the first time a few weeks ago (mostly regarding electrical that needs work):

I think the electrical has been put back together incorrectly by the repair shop. There used to be two batteries with a battery switch, however the shop put one battery back in and replaced the merge switch -- I think they changed the configuration of the electrical and it just needs a little attention and rerouting.

The main console door is warped or hinges are bent (see pictures), it still locks up fine.

bilge works
am/fm/cd unit powers on/puts out sound
trim works (gauge works intermittently)
RPM gauge works
Didn't test fish finder or chart plotter

Some highlights:
1989 18' Outrage
1989 150 HP Johnson motor (Carbs recently rebuilt)
2005 15HP Johnson 4 stroke trolling motor
Custom dual axle trailer
No bottom paint
Teak gunwales
Full Wm. J. Mill & Co. canvas set(forward/top canvas as well as storage cover) in great shape
Reversible Pilot Seat
Hydraulic steering
Freshly sealed/repaired 60(?) gallon gas tank - not 100% sure on capacity - 30 gallons moved the needle from 1/2 to full
Used in freshwater
The boat has foward vee cushions

Link to google drive pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

jimh

Re: FS: 1989 Boston Whaler Outrage 18'

Postby jimh » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Re the Wm. J. Mills & Co. weather canvas: I believe at one point that TOTEM formerly CICADA had the Forward Shelter, Flying Top, Windshield, Side Curtains AND the aft Drop Curtain.

eodray

Postby eodray » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:41 am

[Contact the seller directly using the method specified by the seller to inquire with the seller about the boat.--Moderator]

MittenBoat

Postby MittenBoat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Asking price reduced to $16,000.

MittenBoat

Postby MittenBoat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:59 am

Reduced again to $14,500

North000

Postby North000 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:39 am

For the record, I owned this boat from 1989 to 2001. It was purchased originally at Gregory's and stored on the Clinton River. The bottom was paint "Shark gray" color in 1990, and Sikens was applied to all the teak. The boat was never ever beaten or rode hard during that time in Lake St. Clair and performed flawless.