FS:1984 Sport 15 CC in Tampa FL: $13,750

For Boston Whaler boats or related gear
tomolalla

FS:1984 Sport 15 CC in Tampa FL: $13,750

Postby tomolalla » Fri May 27, 2022 11:16 am

1984 Sport 15 Center Console “mini-Montauk” in Tampa FL: $13,750

This 1984 classic 15 foot Center Console model is described as “A rare center console model was one of the most expensive variations” (Continuous Wave website reference). This boat has been kept in near original condition.

It is a very versatile, fuel efficient and seaworthy small boat that fits easily into a garage. The boat excels as a stable fishing platform, especially along the inshore and nearshore where it slips between mangrove islands quietly in less than a foot of water. Although if needed, it has enough power to pull up a skier quickly. Maybe my favorite use is just going for a ride and enjoying the coastal scenery or heading to a secluded sand bar while enjoying a very responsive, sports car-like ride. This is a beautiful, hard to find, classic boat and if maintained properly will keep or increase its value for years to come.

• Excellent condition, nearly original. This boat has not undergone any substantial restoration effort because it doesn’t need it. It has been
stored out of the sun and maintained religiously. Everything works, there are zero problems. Gelcoat still shines like new, and mahogany recently sanded to original wood and varnished with 5 coats of Petit Captains 1015. It was washed after every outing and waxed once a year. The compact, open Whaler design is easy to maintain and neatly slips into a garage where it remains protected.

• This boat spent its first 34 years in cloudy, cool Washington State, almost always in a garage when not in use and accounts for much of the excellent condition. I purchased the boat in 2016 and I am the third owner. I brought it to Florida in 2018 when I retired from being a Fish Biologist. The second owner was a friend and professional mechanic who maintained it for the original owner, his neighbor.

• The 2006 Mercury four stroke has 154 hours of use. It was unused and in a crate until 2015 when purchased by the second owner. The motor only had 10 hours of use when I purchased it a year later. I’ve flushed it with fresh water after every use and lubed, changed fluids and filters annually since. It runs flawlessly and sips fuel (always non-ethanol gas). It has three 3-gallon tanks which are easy to fill at the pump and provide plenty of range.

Recent performance numbers:

Speed/MPH GPH RPM
Idle/2 .2 700
Troll/5 .4 about 1200
Cruise/20 1.5 about 2800
WOT/37 4 5500

• It comes with 1984 galvanized EZ Loader trailer. Its old but still solid. It had limited use while in Washington since the owner’s boat ramp was less than a mile away. I’ve added new pole light system, bearings, and winch line recently.

• Noteworthy Accessories:
Boston Whaler optional auxiliary welded motor bracket. These are no longer made.
New main starting battery
Battery shut off switch
Side swim ladder
Garmin GPSMAP 441 (fish finder and chart plotter)
Stainless steel prop
Full custom Top Gun boat cover and separate helm cover.
life jackets, fire extinguisher
Bumper, anchor and dock line
Keel guard
2-year-old 500 gal/hr. Rule-mate bilge pump
Igloo Cooler with original Boston Whaler snap cushion still in great shape

Please contact me at tomolalla@wavecable.com for more information.
Attachments
bwsmall4.jpg
bwsmall4.jpg (71 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
bw small 2.jpg
bw small 2.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
bw small 1.jpg
bw small 1.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

tomolalla

Re: FS:1984 Sport 15 CC in Tampa FL: $13,750

Postby tomolalla » Sat May 28, 2022 5:54 pm

Sorry, I forgot to add that the outboard is 60 HP.

tomolalla

Re: FS:1984 Sport 15 CC in Tampa FL: $13,750

Postby tomolalla » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:34 pm

This boat has been sold.