Page 1 of 1

Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2025 3:59 pm
by Dalebobvideo
Suggest a reasonable selling price for a 1977 Sport 15 that's been converted to a center console, with a 2020 TOHATSU 50-HP four-stroke-power-cycle engine on a Continental tilt trailer in Michigan.

  • interior has been redone as a center console (Todd) with a swingback cooler seat (Wise)
  • some professional repairs done to hull
  • stainless steel propeller and original propeller
  • not-installed FARIA depth gauge
  • 12-gallon fuel tank
  • mahogany bow hatch not installed
  • West Marine Go-Anywhere High-Back portable seat
  • navigation lamps that will need to be installed and wired
  • rub rail ends need new pieces
  • the boat is in the vicinity of Elk Rapids, Michigan

Ph: 901-736-3867

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2025 6:01 pm
by jimh
An accurate assessment will require seeing how the modification to become a center console was accomplished. The details and aesthetics will influence the boat value. Good photographs are needed.

The SPORT 15 is a very popular model, and there should be very strong interest. The TOHATSU engine is an asset. The Continental trailer is an asset.

The refurbishment work left undone or incomplete creates doubt.

An original condition SPORT 15 ready to be towed away, launched, and run will easily fetch $10,000 offers. But to go higher the conversion to a center console needs to have been very competently done and very tastefully done.

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2025 7:16 pm
by Dalebobvideo
jimh—thank you.

I have many photos (ex pro photographer).

[Moderator's note: for help using the forum software read at

https://continuouswave.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=2569]

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2025 1:02 pm
by Dalebobvideo
1977 Sport 15 just sold [for unspecified amount]

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Sun May 25, 2025 9:07 am
by jimh
Q1: what was the asking price that resulted in such a fast sale?

The 15-foot hull in any model trim is probably the best small boat ever made, and the demand for them shows that characteristic.

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Sun May 25, 2025 7:35 pm
by Dalebobvideo
The 1977 SPORT 15 was sold for $6,700.

I realize I could have sold it for a great deal more but I was dealing with a time crunch and needed it gone within a couple of weeks as I was unexpectedly moving from Michigan to Oregon due to a family concern. I also had to sell my Sea Ray under that same time pressure. This was happening in the middle of packing and all the other things needed to be done for a 2,300 mile move to Portland. I have no regrets as it was something that I had to do. I wasn't going to move to Oregon and chance having one or both boats still sitting on their trailers in Michigan, unsold. Of course I could have dumped them at a dealer but that would have yielded even less money.
Thanks for the question.
Dale
Portland, Oregon

Re: Appraisal 1977 Sport 15

Posted: Mon May 26, 2025 8:29 am
by jimh
Yes, you probably left some money on the table, but your circumstances dictated a rapid sale. Thanks for the follow up.