1994 Outrage 24 Center Console Access

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
NLA01

1994 Outrage 24 Center Console Access

Postby NLA01 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:14 pm

If you own [c.1994] Outrage 24; and if you have you gained access to the inside of the console: there are two panels, one in the front and on in the back which covers the whole interior of the console where all electrical and hydraulic reside:

Is there an easy way to remove the padded wall which has the battery switch on it in the console?

[Something] says that the negative bus bar is on the back of that wall and has the breaker panel on it.

When I remove the screws on the panel it is still stuck in place by the door frames on each side. It almost seems like I would break the panel trying to pull it out without removing the door frames. I would like to have to inside this panel while [the boat is] out on the water.

Has anyone modified the panel in the console?

Or removed it completely to open up in the inside of the console?

Am I missing something?

Do I need to take the console all apart to get inside it?

Thanks
Archie

Mghage2301

Re: 1994 Outrage 24 Center Console Access

Postby Mghage2301 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Several times I have removed [the padded wall in the console which has the battery switch on it] on my boat. The initial removal was a little difficult, but eventually I figured out the method; once all the screws were removed, the panel still seems to be held in place by the inside trim piece for the doors. I was able to bow outward [the inside trim piece] a bit and then [the padded wall which has the battery switch on it] came out [of the console].

Make sure you have removed all the screws. There are always a few that hide from you. The canvas storage pouches usually hide a screw or two.

Also, the panels are wedged-in at the top corner. Good luck.
Thanks,
Michael
1995 Outrage 24' w/ Twin Yahama 150's
1974 Sport 13' Sourpuss w/ Evinrude 40

Pinion

Postby Pinion » Wed May 31, 2017 10:01 am

Hi, have you tried removing the fire extinguisher enclosure? I have direct access to the back of that panel from there.

NLA01

Postby NLA01 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Thank you both for the help. I have not tried to remove the fire extinguisher enclosure. That is a great idea. I will look at it and see I can get it the panel to come off with out the door trim coming off too. I just got this boat and will be doing a lot of rewiring and new connections. So I need good open access. Thanks
Archie