Page 1 of 1

2008 Montauk 190 - Accumulation (beyond normal) of Water in Bilge Area

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 8:10 pm
by Pointow
Hi. I haven't posted in a while, but I really appreciate this site. I have a 2008 190 Montauk. It is an amazing boat, and we have had many beyond great years with it. I have a very minor new concern and am seeking some wisdom from other 190 owners, or others. There is a slow accumulation of water in the bilge area of the boat when moored (more than normal), and I am trying to identify the source. I am 99.9 percent sure it is not coming through the hull, so I suspect it is from the deck/scuppers, as it accumulates heavily when there is any rain and/or deck cleaning. (I have never caulked or maintained any seals on the deck.) Have any 190 owners found a common (and sudden) source of water into the bilge area off the deck? Thank you.

Re: 2008 Montauk 190 - Accumulation (beyond normal) of Water in Bilge Area

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:31 am
by jwg
Over the last 20 years, I have owned 8 Boston Whalers (all purchased new, 150 Montauk, 170 Montauk, 2 190 Montauks, 2 210 Dauntlesses, 2 210 Montauks, currently a 2025 210 Montauk). Varying amounts of rainwater have found its way into the bilge on each of them (all kept in water during season).
Caulk gaps at deck drains have been a source, rod holders, and access cover leaks have as well on my 190 Montauks. I routinely sponge out bilge water after any rainfall and it is usually about a quart. I keep my boats very clean, no mold, routine shot of Lysol! I doubt if you have a major problem. Try to trace it while running a hose while boat is on trailer. May very well be a caulk separation. Good luck!