Re-power with Yamaha F250 from Ox66

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Onlyawhaler005

Re-power with Yamaha F250 from Ox66

Postby Onlyawhaler005 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 am

At long last, I am re-powering to a new Yamaha F250 in the 3.3-liter mechanical-controls version from my 2000-model-year Yamaha Ox66. I chose the Yamaha F250 for the simplicity of rigging, the reputation of the 3.3 for being reliable, and because the mechanical controls and rigging should match up with the existing controls which have been on the Whaler since 2000.

I have heard that shift and throttle match up, main wiring harness as well, but an additional small wiring harness is needed on the existing Yamaha multi-function tachometer and separate speedometer to work correctly. I will be doing the un-rigging of the existing Ox66 and the hanging and connecting up of the F250, which seems straight forward, except what I have heard of that extra bit of rigging for the digital tachometer to work correctly.

Has anyone had any experience in this re-powering situation from an older two stroke Yamaha to the Yamaha 3.3 mechanical version?

Thank you for any assistance

Sterling