2000 Outrage 26 Access to FreshWater Pump

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
f9sully

2000 Outrage 26 Access to FreshWater Pump

Postby f9sully » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:24 pm

Give me suggestions on how to access the fresh water pump on a 2000 Outrage 26 boat.

The pump is located under the hatch cover behind the bench seat. The available area to work inside the hatch is really tight. To access the output hose with the splitter to the shower and head will be difficult.

Thanks--Jim

fno

Re: 2000 Outrage 26 Access to FreshWater Pump

Postby fno » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:42 am

JIm, I have a similar problem with my livewell pump needing replacement in my 210 Outrage. The pump is located in the bilge directly in front of my single engine. The hatch is approximately 12" x 18" and is in the splashwell. Presently, my plan is to co-opt my 12 year old grandson to do the upside down thru the hatch work for an exhorbitant sum of money ($50-$100) depending on how much and how long I have to hold him up by the ankles. Laugh if you want, but I suspect it will still be cheaper than paying a "real" boat mechanic to do this task.

FWIW, please send a photo of the hatch access area and I will be more than happy to give you my 2 cents on how I would approach the challenge