2013 210 Montauk Raw Water Washdown Installation

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
whalerguy

2013 210 Montauk Raw Water Washdown Installation

Postby whalerguy » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:20 pm

I am ready to add a raw-water washdown system to my 2013 210 MONTAUK that has the Livewell option installed. After reviewing drawings, I cannot determine where the hose and keeper are installed. I am looking at the possibility of installing the hose in the side of the washdown shell.

[Seeks advice and comments on the plan.]

Jefecinco

Re: 2013 210 Montauk Raw Water Washdown Installation

Postby Jefecinco » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:47 am

I considered a similar installation on our previous 190 Montauk with a live bait well. I recommend you consider taping into the well supply line between the well and the well supply pump. That may require a three-way valve as a tee.

The space limitations may require removal of the well for access. The requirement to hang in the below deck space working in the confined space convinced me I could do without a deck wash down system.

Installation of a wash down system supply hose on the side of the well may allow the pump to be mounted in a more convenient space. Keeping the well full of water while using the wash down may present a challenge depending upon the capacity of the bait well supply pump. If the well is used for live bait a plug or valve will be required to keep bait debris or dead bait out of the wash down system.
Butch