2000 Conquest 23 Paint Match for Door Frame

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
JPTL

2000 Conquest 23 Paint Match for Door Frame

Postby JPTL » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:09 pm

Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Gloss Canvas White Spray Paint 12 oz Item #1205426| Mfr #7789-830 is a perfect color match for the aluminum door frame on a 2000 23 CONQUEST.

BACKSTORY
The paint on the aluminum cuddy cabin door frame [pm a 2000 CONWUEST 23] was flaking off as a result of aluminum corrosion under the finish. I decided that I'd repaint the frame and looked for a color that was a close match. I planned on repainting the entire frame, since the chances were one in a a hundred that I'd find an exact match in a spray can.

I beat the odds and found an exact match in Rust Oleum. I had a sample chip and compared it to Rust Oleum color samples. Canvas White looked really close. So I ordered a can.

The paint was difficult to find, but an Ace [Hardware store] in Portland Maine, had it. My daughter picked it up on her way back from the airport.

After prepping the frame, and taping everything off, I applied a coat. The match was EXACT to the e off-white color used on my model Conquest 23.

[This paint may be also a match] for trim on other [Boston Whaler boat] models.
2000 Conquest 23

Mambo Minnow

Re: 2000 Conquest 23 Paint Match for Door Frame

Postby Mambo Minnow » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:25 pm

I removed my door frame and had the frame powder coated. Peeling paint on the frame is a common problem in these models.