150 Montauk Convert to Split Bow Rail

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
thornstein

150 Montauk Convert to Split Bow Rail

Postby thornstein » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:59 am

I have a 2010 150 Montauk with a full bow rail. I'd like to convert to a split bow rail.

Q1: will the mounting points on the hull for the SPLIT BOW RAIL be in the same location as the existing FULL BOW RAIL (with the exception of the [new] front mount which would anchor the new split rail opening up front)?

I would prefer to use the same three mounting points (and existing holes) that are already on the hull for the FULL BOW RAIL for the SPLIT BOW RAIL, and then I would just add the FRONT MOUNT where the rail opens.

--Tom

Jefecinco

Re: 150 Montauk Convert to Split Bow Rail

Postby Jefecinco » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:32 am

If you have the split bow rail on hand perform a visual check. If you do not have the split bow rail you can have your existing bow rail modified to meet your needs. I believe you will find it quite difficult to locate an already-made split bow rail to fit your 150 Montauk hull original bow rail mounting arrangement.
Butch

jimh

Postby jimh » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:55 pm

As JEFFE suggests, modifying the existing bow rail is probably going to be more straightforward and in the end simpler than trying to find an OEM split bow rail and hoping that its mounting bases align perfectly the the existing holes in the hull for the mounting points.

thornstein

Postby thornstein » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:38 pm

Thank you, all. -Tom