GM WeatherPack Electrical Connections
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:46 pm
Hi All,
I am about to undertake rewiring the 85 Challenger from scratch and I noticed that the off road community (custom buggy, etc) have embraced the GM WeatherPack connectors for all low current connections, bulkhead transitions, switches, relays etc.
My only experience with the WeatherPack type is the E-Tec/FICHT maintenance plug. I am considering using them as the basis of the re-wire for the Challenger and wanted to see if anyone had seen or used them in a boating application.
These have multiple seals (at the pin level and the housing level) and look like the best current option for open boat water “resistant” connections.
Thoughts?
Pete
I am about to undertake rewiring the 85 Challenger from scratch and I noticed that the off road community (custom buggy, etc) have embraced the GM WeatherPack connectors for all low current connections, bulkhead transitions, switches, relays etc.
My only experience with the WeatherPack type is the E-Tec/FICHT maintenance plug. I am considering using them as the basis of the re-wire for the Challenger and wanted to see if anyone had seen or used them in a boating application.
These have multiple seals (at the pin level and the housing level) and look like the best current option for open boat water “resistant” connections.
Thoughts?
Pete