I am NOT familiar with the RAYMARINE EV-100 autopilot. Since you mentioned it, I did a bit of reading about it. I think the EV-100 is a bundle of products that consists of the following:
--EV-1 sensor core, a nine-axis magnetic and inertial sensor and course computer
--
ACU-100 autopilot control unit, an interface between EV-1 and steering system;
--
p70R autopilot control head dedicated to running the autopilot, setting course, and engaging and disengaging the autopilot;
--
0.5ltr hydraulic pump to interconnect with your hydraulic steering system; and
--Evolution cabling kit to connect the above elements of the system.
The retail price seems to be about $1,500, which is at least $500 more than the Lowrance OUTBOARD PILOT. An important distinction between the EV100 package and the OUTBOARD PILOT: the EV100 has a dedicated autopilot control head, while the OUTBOARD PILOT must be controlled through a compatible Lowrance multi-function display, chart plotter, and SONAR unit.
The EV-1 sensor core appears to not contain a GPS receiver. The wiring diagram shows the EV100 operating without any external components connected. This suggests that its control is strictly based on magnetic heading input. The Lowrance OUTBOARD PILOT interfaces with a GNSS receiver and is said to be able to steer the vessel along predefined routes or to follow certain patterns when trolling. I don't know if the Raymarine has that ability.
I think you can interface the Raymarine EV-1 to a NMEA-2000 network, and perhaps on the network you could have chart plotter that could control it. Most chart plotters can output commands to an autopilot when the chart plotter is running in a GO-TO-WAYPOINT mode. I don't know if those commands are universal and if the Raymarine autopilot can respond to them. You'd better talk to Raymarine about this aspect of system integration. Or, browse the
instruction manual for the p70R control head for clues.
A professional marine installer
comments favorably on the EV-1 in his blog.