Lithium Battery for 13-footer
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:10 am
I have a 1977 Boston Whaler 13-footer.
I’ve been waiting for reasonably priced lithium battery options.
I’m currently running a single OPTIMA Blue Top AGM battery that I replace every two years regardless of usage. I keep the battery on a battery tender [charger] in the garage.
I would like to purchase a small lithium battery or bank of small lithium batteries that will fit in the bow anchor locker. It will be nice to get the extra room on the deck and I could use the weight in the bow.
Currently running off my single battery are:
—55-lbs thrust motorguide trolling motor
—three Lowrance fishfinders with structure scan.
—a sump pump
—a bait well pump
—navigation lamps
—NMEA 2000network
—underwater LED light.
—ICOM marine VHF radio
—accessory power outlet.
—Yamaha F40 outboard
Would it be possible to find a low profile lithium battery that would fit in my bow locker and accommodate my 12 volt needs?
Or possibly a bank of three or four motorcycle batteries?
Will these hold up well to vibration and pounding of a 13-foot skiff?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I’m sure many members here have already upgraded.
—Warren
I’ve been waiting for reasonably priced lithium battery options.
I’m currently running a single OPTIMA Blue Top AGM battery that I replace every two years regardless of usage. I keep the battery on a battery tender [charger] in the garage.
I would like to purchase a small lithium battery or bank of small lithium batteries that will fit in the bow anchor locker. It will be nice to get the extra room on the deck and I could use the weight in the bow.
Currently running off my single battery are:
—55-lbs thrust motorguide trolling motor
—three Lowrance fishfinders with structure scan.
—a sump pump
—a bait well pump
—navigation lamps
—NMEA 2000network
—underwater LED light.
—ICOM marine VHF radio
—accessory power outlet.
—Yamaha F40 outboard
Would it be possible to find a low profile lithium battery that would fit in my bow locker and accommodate my 12 volt needs?
Or possibly a bank of three or four motorcycle batteries?
Will these hold up well to vibration and pounding of a 13-foot skiff?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I’m sure many members here have already upgraded.
—Warren