Smartcraft SC-1000 Gauges Have Intermittent Reading
Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 pm
My 205 Conquest with 2006 Mercury VERADO 150-HP engine has a problem with its Smartcraft SC1000 tachometer and speedometer gauges.
On the first use this season, the digital readout on the Smartcraft SC1000 tachometer was okay, but on the dial pointer gauge the dial pointer inidicator stays at 0 (zero).
On the Speedometer, the dial pointer indicator remained on the rest well below zero, and only the digital fuel readout was okay. No other data was presented.
After a hour long trip I shut everything off and restarted. Then gradually on both gauges the digital displays and dial pointer indicators rreturned to normal.
This happens every year on the first run of the season. The system seems to be very finicky for the duration of the season that follows. I have taken apart the helm side [data] connections, sprayed them and reassembled them but have no luck getting the gauges to read reliably on every trip. I have also made sure the Smartcraft power connection to the battery is clean and connected firmly. Both batteries are fully charged.
Please share your own experience in solving this problem
Thanks--Jim S.
On the first use this season, the digital readout on the Smartcraft SC1000 tachometer was okay, but on the dial pointer gauge the dial pointer inidicator stays at 0 (zero).
On the Speedometer, the dial pointer indicator remained on the rest well below zero, and only the digital fuel readout was okay. No other data was presented.
After a hour long trip I shut everything off and restarted. Then gradually on both gauges the digital displays and dial pointer indicators rreturned to normal.
This happens every year on the first run of the season. The system seems to be very finicky for the duration of the season that follows. I have taken apart the helm side [data] connections, sprayed them and reassembled them but have no luck getting the gauges to read reliably on every trip. I have also made sure the Smartcraft power connection to the battery is clean and connected firmly. Both batteries are fully charged.
Please share your own experience in solving this problem
Thanks--Jim S.