Outboard Engine Wiring to Tachometer
Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:03 pm
[I am] putting [what is inferred to be a Yamaha] F70LA outboard engine on my boat. I have everything done but the initial wiring to the tachometer [shown in Figure 1 and is presumed to have the part number shown on the box also in that image, which is 6Y8-8350T-21-00] and to the remote control. I have the main harness installed.
I live in a small village on the Yukon River, and I cannot bring the motor and boat to the dealer. I cannot figure out how to hook the wiring harnesses together between the tachometer gauge, the engine compartment, and the remote control box.
The tachometer I have has only a 4-pin connector on the back. See Figure 1 below.
I was able to connect the engine remote control main harness, but in that harness there are two bundles of wires. I have no idea where the two bundles of wires [are intended to be connected].
I was sent a two-fuse gauge harness (6Y5-83553-N1-00) that [some unidentified person said] needs to go to the tachometer, but the tachometer only has the 4-pin connector.
I have been working on these wires for four days.
Give simple instructions [on how to connect the tachometer to the engine wiring harness].
I live in a small village on the Yukon River, and I cannot bring the motor and boat to the dealer. I cannot figure out how to hook the wiring harnesses together between the tachometer gauge, the engine compartment, and the remote control box.
The tachometer I have has only a 4-pin connector on the back. See Figure 1 below.
I was able to connect the engine remote control main harness, but in that harness there are two bundles of wires. I have no idea where the two bundles of wires [are intended to be connected].
I was sent a two-fuse gauge harness (6Y5-83553-N1-00) that [some unidentified person said] needs to go to the tachometer, but the tachometer only has the 4-pin connector.
I have been working on these wires for four days.
Give simple instructions [on how to connect the tachometer to the engine wiring harness].