Green Wire Connection
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:59 am
Q1: on a [Boston Whaler boat of unknown model year] RAGE model [of unspecified length] with 115-HP [jet drive] where does the GREEN wire connect to the engine?
BACKSTORY
While reinstalling the 115-HP engine into my RAGE boat, I failed to remember where the GREEN conductor attaches to the engine.
I’ve attached the red [conductor from the] positive [terminal of the starting battery] to the starter solenoid, the black [conductor from the starting battery] negative [terminal] to the starter [motor] casing bolt. But I cannot remember where the green "earth" wire goes. [The green conductor is] attached to the battery negative [terminal] in the console. It runs along with the other cables and looks like it should attach somewhere on the Port of the engine.
[Moderator's note: moved to SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL for discussion. When asking about a specific boat, be sure to include the model year using FOUR DIGITS, the model name, and the length dimension used in the model name.]
BACKSTORY
While reinstalling the 115-HP engine into my RAGE boat, I failed to remember where the GREEN conductor attaches to the engine.
I’ve attached the red [conductor from the] positive [terminal of the starting battery] to the starter solenoid, the black [conductor from the starting battery] negative [terminal] to the starter [motor] casing bolt. But I cannot remember where the green "earth" wire goes. [The green conductor is] attached to the battery negative [terminal] in the console. It runs along with the other cables and looks like it should attach somewhere on the Port of the engine.
[Moderator's note: moved to SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL for discussion. When asking about a specific boat, be sure to include the model year using FOUR DIGITS, the model name, and the length dimension used in the model name.]