Starboard Engine Will Not Start off Starboard Battery
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:46 pm
[Moved to SMALL BOAT ELECTRICAL for discussion.]
I have a 2011 Brunswick Commercial products Guardian 25 boat. The starboard engine will not start using the starboard battery.
The starboard engine only gets enough power to crank when the boat is connected to shore power or when the battery switch is moved to the EMERGENCY PARALLEL position that connects together the starboard and port batteries.
The boat also has a house battery in addition to the port and starboard batteries.
There is a battery switch for each battery and its circuit.
To test the starboard battery, I moved the port battery and starboard battery to each other's position, I did that to eliminate a potential bad battery [at the starboard position]. However, with the batteries swapped the problem persisted.
I have checked the switches and all of the visible wiring I can access with no solution. I reached out to the Brunswick Commercial Products. They saild there was no wiring diagram available since [producing a wiring diagram for this custom-ordered bpat] was not specified in the build sheet.
I found a maintenance and operations manual [at the hyperlink below], but it lacks detail.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10168 ... =93#manual
Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly before I have to take the boat to a Boston Whaler dealer.
I have a 2011 Brunswick Commercial products Guardian 25 boat. The starboard engine will not start using the starboard battery.
The starboard engine only gets enough power to crank when the boat is connected to shore power or when the battery switch is moved to the EMERGENCY PARALLEL position that connects together the starboard and port batteries.
The boat also has a house battery in addition to the port and starboard batteries.
There is a battery switch for each battery and its circuit.
To test the starboard battery, I moved the port battery and starboard battery to each other's position, I did that to eliminate a potential bad battery [at the starboard position]. However, with the batteries swapped the problem persisted.
I have checked the switches and all of the visible wiring I can access with no solution. I reached out to the Brunswick Commercial Products. They saild there was no wiring diagram available since [producing a wiring diagram for this custom-ordered bpat] was not specified in the build sheet.
I found a maintenance and operations manual [at the hyperlink below], but it lacks detail.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10168 ... =93#manual
Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly before I have to take the boat to a Boston Whaler dealer.