Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Marketplace
  WTB: Hydraulic steering and rod holders/ with back cushions

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   WTB: Hydraulic steering and rod holders/ with back cushions
hmp2037 posted 02-11-2008 04:19 PM ET (US)   Profile for hmp2037   Send Email to hmp2037  
I am looking for hydraulic steering for that is going to be used for an 18 outrage.
also, trying to find either aftermarket or original rodholders that go in front of the 18's console along with the seat cushions that go over them.

any help shedding some light on the issue would be amazing.


this website has already saved me tons of dough and anymore would make me want to contribute some money to the website operator.

Dan posted 02-11-2008 06:33 PM ET (US)     Profile for Dan  Send Email to Dan     
Here's Hall Nautical for correct parchment with dark brown piping rod holder cushions:

You might be able to make your own rod holder pieces if you have someone nearby you copy off of.

Contact Seabob on this site for hydraulic steering gear.

seabob4 posted 02-11-2008 08:34 PM ET (US)     Profile for seabob4  Send Email to seabob4     
You have mail.
Fishcop posted 02-11-2008 09:32 PM ET (US)     Profile for Fishcop  Send Email to Fishcop     

I have a set of the teak and white plastic rod holders that mount on the front console on either side of the sheppards crook. I got them from a forum member some time back and do not need them. New in the shipping box.

Let me know if interested.


contender posted 02-11-2008 10:20 PM ET (US)     Profile for contender  Send Email to contender     
Try Marine Liquidators Ft. Pierce Fla. 772 465 6460, last time I was there they had about a doz. whaler rod holders (I think around 30 each) and at least 50 sea/bay star systems. They buy out marinas and repair shops that go out of business. The place is the size of two football fields, not to include the yard that has t-tops, leaning posts, seats consoles, etc. good luck
hmp2037 posted 02-12-2008 07:52 PM ET (US)     Profile for hmp2037  Send Email to hmp2037     
THanks guys so much for the quick response. since i live in houston, tx, it may be hard to order a leaning post from marine liquidators. I will give them a shout later this week.

Andy, i am interested in your rod holders that you still have. Email me price info and the shipping costs and lets see if we can work something out.


seabob4 posted 02-12-2008 08:48 PM ET (US)     Profile for seabob4  Send Email to seabob4     
Marine Liquidators. Sort of like Marine Surplus in Sarasota and Ft. Myers. We sell them our old stuff that we don't use anymore. But we never sell them Seastar/Baystar systems because we don't use old stuff, stuff that Teleflex doesn't make anymore and only has a year left on a 3 year warranty. And I STILL beat their price! Drop me a line! ONLY the latest systems, at a price they can't touch! Do I sound a little arrogant? I suppose. But I've worked for the builders for the last 14 years. I do know my s***!
martinmarine posted 02-12-2008 09:26 PM ET (US)     Profile for martinmarine  Send Email to martinmarine     
Hello Seabob,
I am looking to purchase a complete seastar system. Email me at
friend99 posted 02-12-2008 10:49 PM ET (US)     Profile for friend99    
Hmp...........I live in NJ and Marine Liquidators has shipped leaning posts to me. Rates are usually reasonable since they have some leaning posts already "boxed up" from the manufaturer and can sent via UPS. Their leaning posts start at about $400.
hmp2037 posted 02-13-2008 12:06 PM ET (US)     Profile for hmp2037  Send Email to hmp2037     
I am going to give marine liquidators a call then. What size width leaning post should i get for my 18 ft outrage.
not sure what would work best.
friend99 posted 02-14-2008 09:03 AM ET (US)     Profile for friend99    

The width of the leaning post really depends on your preference. you should talk to the folks at Marine Liquidators, but I generally keep it pretty close to the width of the console. Probably 34" to 38" would work best.
Let us know what you do.

hmp2037 posted 02-14-2008 11:01 AM ET (US)     Profile for hmp2037  Send Email to hmp2037     
Dear andy,(fishcop)

trying to get a hold of you do see if I can take those rod holders off your hands.
U can call me at 832-265-9651 or email me at


Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.