Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  Montauk console door latches

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   Montauk console door latches
svengali posted 04-25-2001 11:07 PM ET (US)   Profile for svengali   Send Email to svengali  
I have a 1981 Montauk with missing door latches on the console. Would someone please tell me what type they are and where I can purchase a new pair.

Thanks in advance,

Tom W Clark posted 04-28-2001 01:32 PM ET (US)     Profile for Tom W Clark  Send Email to Tom W Clark     

I'm not sure if you mean the brass ball catch or the keyed lock. If it's the brass ball catch you need then you can get them at a hardware store, perhaps West Marine or try Rockler:

If it's the lock(s) you need, they are a standard cabinet part. (not marine grade, or at least not on the early '80's whalers I've owned) I replaced mine with ones I bought from E. B. Bradley which is a chain of specialty hardware suppliers (wholesale) on the West coast. If you need help getting the locks I may be able to help you. LMK

dreid posted 05-01-2001 10:57 AM ET (US)     Profile for dreid  Send Email to dreid     
Our local West Marine outlet carries the circular lock-sets that match those on both of my mid-80s Whaler consoles. The facing plates look like they're stainless, the surrounds appear to be nickle-plated; they look good. Couldn't buy match-keyed pairs, so there's one more key to keep track of.

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.