Moderated Discussion Areas
  ContinuousWave: Whaler Repairs/Mods
  What is it called?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
search | FAQ | profile | register | author help

Author Topic:   What is it called?
John O posted 06-03-2002 09:39 PM ET (US)   Profile for John O  
What is the piston that allows the motor to manually tilt. 1988 88hp Johson. Looks like a small gas shock. is this a home DIY job
whalersman posted 06-04-2002 01:58 AM ET (US)     Profile for whalersman  Send Email to whalersman     
John O,
I looked in my 1986 OMC Parts Catalog for 70 HP Models and it is called a "Shock Absorber"... Part #387791.... I have the Shock Absorber and all the Manual Tilt parts available if you need anything. I think they are the same for the 88 HP but check with a Dealer to make certain.
I removed the Manual Tilt assembly from my engine when I installed the OMC Power Trim & Tilt assembly.
John O posted 06-04-2002 09:29 AM ET (US)     Profile for John O    
thanks, that make sense, I will check with dealer and see if it is compatible. Did you do the work you self?

Post New Topic  Post Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | RETURN to ContinuousWave Top Page

Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000
Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features!
© Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000.