Vendor for new Outboard Engines

A conversation among Whalers
Kolbert

Vendor for new Outboard Engines

Postby Kolbert » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:19 am

Q1: have you ever heard of Outboard Trading, a supplier [of outboard engines] in Australia but also international with North America serviced from Connecticut. They have several different manufacturers available including Evinrude for the E-TEC, which is a nice setup for the classic hull.

Their website:

https://outboardtrading.com/About-Us.html

ASIDE: I have been giving thought to re-powering my 1971 NAUSET 16. A friend passed along the name of an online vendor, and I was wondering if anyone had experience working with them.

[Moved to THE GAM for discussion.]

jimh

Re: Vendor for new Outboard Engines

Postby jimh » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:48 pm

To answer your survey question: I had not heard of the vendor OUTBOARD TRADING prior to your mention.

To answer your implied second question: I have no experience working with them.

ASIDE
Evinrude no longer sells new outboard engines. Any unused Evinrude E-TEC outboard engine being offered by a dealer would be old stock from c.2020. Read more at

Requiem for the Two-stroke-power-cycle Outboard Engine
https://continuouswave.com/forum/viewto ... 592#p36592

Phil T

Re: Vendor for new Outboard Engines

Postby Phil T » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:36 pm

Unless it is less than 60hp, I do not know of anyone who has had a good experience with any "online" vendor.

You need to look at a local dealers.

If you list your general location and what brands you are considering, we may be able to suggest a shop or two.

If you are trying to go cheap on a re-power, at some point in the project you will get burned.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003