1985 SUPER SPORT 15: Small Wood Parts or their Drawings or Templates

A conversation among Whalers
777AIA

1985 SUPER SPORT 15: Small Wood Parts or their Drawings or Templates

Postby 777AIA » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:29 pm

[This thread has been moved to THE GAM for discussion from the MARKETPLACE forum. The MARKETPLACE forum is only for advertising items for-sale, or for announcement of items wanted-to-buy, or for requests of appraisals of a specific boat. The MARKETPLACE forum is NOT the place to ask questions or to solicit advice. Since this post asks three questions and solicits advice, it is moved to THE GAM.--Moderator]

Q1: where can small mahogany wood parts be purchased to use in a 1986 SUPER SPORT 15?

Q2: where can detailed drawings of the mahogany wood parts for a 1985 SUPER SPORT 15 be obtained?

Q3: where can templates [for the small mahogany wood parts that were] taken from an actual SUPER SPORT 15 be obtained?

BACK STORY
I have removed all the mahogany wood parts from my 1985 15' Super Sport. I am restoring them before use of the boat in Spring 2024.

I have no interest in paying for a full mahogany refit package.

I just need some of the smaller parts , such as the seat riser blocks, the support jams for the storage area sides and a few other things.

Nobody seems to sell just pieces of the overall kit of parts.

Some of the parts from my 1986 SUPER SPORT 15 are in such bad shape, I don't even have a template to work from.

I want to put to restore my 1986 SUPER SPORT 15 to the way the boat is supposed to be.

I have hunted through drawings, photographs, and other sources, but I have not had luck.

jimh

Re: 1985 SUPER SPORT 15: Small Wood Parts or their Drawings or Templates

Postby jimh » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:51 pm

For a list of drawings hosted on this website, see the REFERENCE section article on that topic at

Drawings of Boston Whaler Components Available Online
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... wings.html

Very excellent, detailed, digital format drawings for the 15-foot Boston Whaler hull interior components can be purchased from the draftsman that created them, Ward Grafton.

Ward Grafton has a website where you can purchase the drawings. This website is listed in the above article I mentioned.

Ward has recently added drawings for the 15-foot hull. See

https://arcshark3d.wixsite.com/olblue66/15-ft-whalers

There have been several artisans in the past 20-years that announced they were in a small scale business of making reproduction mahogany wood parts, but almost all of then eventually ceased that sort of work. More information at

Original Equipment Manufacturers and
Recommended Vendors

https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... .html#wood

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:59 pm

I am not aware of any provider for templates that are taken directly from OEM wooden parts in the interior of a Boston Whaler c.1986 SUPER SPORT 15.

I am a bit confused why you would need to get templates from another boat if your boat has the wooden parts you need, and you just want to duplicate them.

777AIA

Postby 777AIA » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:04 pm

The reason I was looking for templates is that some of the small parts are so dried out and water rotted, they are no longer useful as templates. Thisboat has been sitting a lot of years.

I am good to go now. New parts aremade, varnished, and going back together nicely for a new season.