190 OUTRAGE Transom Reinforcement; Through-hull Fittings

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
NoProblemo

190 OUTRAGE Transom Reinforcement; Through-hull Fittings

Postby NoProblemo » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:13 am

Q1: is wood used in transom in every production year of the 190 OUTRAGE?

Q2: is wood used in the transom of the 190 OUTRAGE only in the early years of production?

Q3: when [if ever] did the through-hull [fitting] plastic change [to something unspecified from something unspecified]?

jimh

Re: 190 OUTRAGE Transom Reinforcement; Through-hull Fittings

Postby jimh » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:42 pm

I only can answer one of your three questions: I believe Boston Whaler has always used marine grade plywood as the embedded reinforcement material in the transom of all their boats in the area where outboard engines will be mounted, and continues to use plywood to this day.

In response, I have five questions about your questions. Perhaps you can respond with some clarification:

Q4: which model year of production of the 190 OUTRAGE is the point when production shifted to “later models” from “early models”?

Re through-hull fittings:

Q5: are you asking about through hull drain fittings that can be closed by inserting a removable plug?

Q6: what are the “plastic” materials you believe were being used before the change you are asking about?

Q7: what are the “plastic” materials you believe were used after the change you are asking about?

Q8: are you certain there was a “change” and, if so, what model year was it supposed to have occurred?