My Collection of Narratives
from Cruises in the Great Lakes
These are listed in chronological order, so the newest trip narrative
is always at the bottom of the list!
Sailboat Trips To The North Channel
In Our Chartered 30-Footer
- The Transfer Trip. The long narrative of my
first journey in a sailboat, from Lake St. Clair to the North Channel along
the Canadian coast of Lake Huron.
- 1987 Cruise. Notes from my first two weeks of adventure
in paradise, taken from the Log of Serenity, as we cruise the North Channel
for the first time.
- 1988 Cruise. Little Current to Tobermory and return. Log
and narrative: The kids go cruising with us for the first time.
- 1989 Cruise. A week in the western North Channel in July,
then back again in August for 10 days down the Lake, this time along the Michigan
side, completing our circumnavigation of Lake Huron. These are my recollections,
with some logbook notes thrown in for good measure!
- 1990 Cruise. Two lazy weeks in the North Channel, west of Little Current.
- 1991 Cruise. Two more weeks, with a wild day of
rough winds and big waves thrown in for good measure. A mixture of
narrative and logbook notes.
- 1992 Cruise. A short narrative of a single week
of sailing that leaves us wanting more.
- 1993 Cruise. A fabulous two-week long cruise to Mackinac and back.
One of our best trips. Here is a longer narrative with log excerpts.
- 1994 Cruise. One week cruising to the Bustard Islands.
This is in narrative form, without logbook notes.
- 1995 Cruise. Two weeks around Little Current. This
sail-log is just my actual logbook of the cruise, not a narrative.
- 1996 Cruise. Two separate weeks. One takes us west, and one a little east.
[ Profusely illustrated!]
- 1997 Cruise. One week in the worst weather we've
ever seen in the North Channel.
[ Illustrations and photos]
- Weekend in Wallaceburg. A weekend cruise to
Wallaceburg, Ontario, via the beautiful Chenal Ecarte.
[ Maps and photos]
Trailer Boat Tales In Our Boston Whalers
- Trailer Boat Tales, 1998. Eleven days
on the road and in the water in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin.
[ Over twenty beautiful photographs, maps, and other graphics]
- Trailer Boat Tales, 1999. Nine days at Kentucky Lake
[ Charts and photos]
- Canadian Autumn, 1999. A week in the Kawartha Lakes region of the Trent-Severn Canal, living aboard a chartered powerboat.
[ Photographs, maps, graphics]
- Elk River, 2000. Five days in the Elk River Basin Chain of Lakes, a wonderful inland waterway in NW lower Michigan.
[ Not illustrated]
- Superior Boating, July 2000. Nine days of trailer boating in northern Michigan and Wisconsin.
[ Photographs and graphics]
- Boston Whaler Rendezvous, North Channel, August 2000. This narrative appears in
the Boston Whaler section of the website, but it describes four fabulous days of boating in the North Channel of
Lake Huron, the greatest small boating spot on earth!
[ Great Photographs]
- Lake Michigan, July 2001. A narrative of our
six-day trip from Northport to Charlevoix to Beaver Island and back.
Wonderful views of seldom seen South Fox Island.
[ 16 Photographs; Map]
- Georgian Bay Small Craft Route, August 2001. A long
narrative of our nine-day trip up and down the eastern shore of Georgian Bay.
Perhaps our most fun trip ever!. Maybe my best narrative, too.
[ Over 60 Photographs]
- Ottawa River, July 2006. A long
narrative of our nine-day trip up and down the Ottawa River from Pembroke to Mattawa and back.
[ 90 Photographs]
- Rideau Canal, June 2007. A narrative of our nine-day passage on the Rideau Canal from Kingston to Ottawa.
[ 25 Photographs]
- North Channel, July 2008. A narrative of our week in Lake Huron's North Channel and Manitoulin Island area.
[ 45 Photographs]
- Georgian Bay, July 2009. A profusely illustrated and detailed narrative of our week in eastern Georgian Bay and the Small Craft Route.
[ 75 Photographs]
- Isle Royale National Park, August 2010. A detailed account of our long trip by car and boat to America's most remote National Park, told in narrative and photographs.
[ 131 Photographs]
- Georgian Bay, July 2011. A perfect cruise and circumnavigation of Georgian Bay in seven beautiful summer days.
[ 115 Photographs and illustrations]
- North Channel, July 2012. A week cruise around the North Channel in perpetual following seas.
[ 81 Photographs and illustrations]
- Apostle Islands, July 2012. A week in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
[ 46 Photographs and illustrations]
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 by James W. Hebert.
Last modified: June 15, 2002
Verified HTML 4.0 Transitional