GUARDIAN Hulls and Maximum Engine Power Rating

A conversation among Whalers
Maverick

GUARDIAN Hulls and Maximum Engine Power Rating

Postby Maverick » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:15 am

Q1: do GUARDIAN hulls sold by Boston Whaler lack a power rating placard that indicates the maximum engine power?

The last two GUARDIAN boats I owned did not have a maximum horsepower placard. My understanding is that commercial series hulls do not have a maximum rating assigned to them by Boston Whaler.

jimh

Re: GUARDIAN Hulls and Maximum Engine Power Rating

Postby jimh » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:13 am

Maverick wrote:Q1: do GUARDIAN hulls sold by Boston Whaler lack a power rating placard that indicates the maximum engine power?
I believe that at this time you would not be able to purchase a GUARDIAN from Boston Whaler. That model would need to be purchased from Brunswick Commercial and Government Products. Visit their website at

https://www.brunswickcgp.com/

Inquire with Brunswick Commercial and Government Products to determine if the boats they sell to commercial and government customers are delivered without a placard that indicates the maximum horsepower of the propulsion engine.

As for any past practice of Boston Whaler when it was selling GUARDIAN boats, I have a feeling the current customer support staff may not be able to answer the question posed above. The old-guard guys at Boston Whaler are probably all retired now.

Phil T

Re: GUARDIAN Hulls and Maximum Engine Power Rating

Postby Phil T » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:08 pm

Maverick - Call Boston Whaler Customer Support - 877-294-5645

Note - Brunswick has significantly reduced Customer Service/Support activities for models no longer in production.
1992 Outrage 17
2019 E-TEC 90
2018 LoadRite 18280096VT
Member since 2003