My friend's 22-year-old son found and bought a 1976 NEWPORT 16 in a barn for $2,000. The 1976 Johnson 70-HP engine has 135-PSI psi on all three cylinders. I just did the once-over and everything is exceptional.
Before I got in his ear, he replaced the panels with a single panel. He has the original seat and RPS out for recover. The legs are painted red, but--other than that--[this barn-find classic] is what we all live for.
ASIDE
He's a great kid and will be posting here shortly.
[Moderator's note: please do not ask questions about how to use the forum software in a boating forum. Use the forum, INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM SOFTWARE to ask questions about how to use the forum software.]
[Author's note: Copy that, I should know better my friend.]
Barn Find: 1976 NEWPORT 16
-
ratherwhalering
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm
Barn Find: 1976 NEWPORT 16
Last edited by ratherwhalering on Sun Sep 13, 2026 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Barn Find: 1976 NEWPORT 16
What are "panels"?ratherwhalering wrote:...he replaced the panels with a single panel.
-
ratherwhalering
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm
Re: Barn Find: 1976 NEWPORT 16
I believe the 17-Newport console originally had two small dash panels. Here's a question. Is it a Newport 16 or a 17-Newport? (Smirked hull)