GUARDIAN 19 Specifications, History, Serial Number

A conversation among Whalers
Hawkeye

GUARDIAN 19 Specifications, History, Serial Number

Postby Hawkeye » Fri May 19, 2023 6:08 am

Recently I became the proud owner of a GUARDIAN 19.

Q1: where can the specifications for a GUARDIAN 19 be found?

Q2: where can the history of the GUARDIAN 19 be found?

Q3: where can information related to the hull serial number be found?

PeterO

Re: GUARDIAN 19 Specifications, History, Serial Number

Postby PeterO » Fri May 19, 2023 10:42 am

You can find a Guardian Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/3032612 ... ref=direct.

jimh

Postby jimh » Fri May 19, 2023 10:50 am

For many years boats called a GUARDIAN were built by Boston Whaler in the Commercial and Government Products division, but still part of the operation of Boston Whaler. At some point--I do not have the precise timeline--under Brunswick ownership a new operating division was created called Brunswick Commercial and Government boats. Exactly who would have data about the GUARDIAN 19 you are asking about would depend who built the boat.

One way to quickly tell is from the federal hull identification number (HIN) and the manufacturer identity code (MIC) contained in the HIN. If the MIC is BWC then the boat was made by Boston Whaler. If the HIN is WCG, then the boat could be from Boston Whaler but made by their "Whaler Commercial Government" side operation or by the later named Brunswick Commercial and Government division. That entity would have more information about the boat.

Also the HIN will contain the month of production and the year of production. See my remarks in reply to your Q2 below for help in interpretation of the federal hull identification number coding.

Hawkeye wrote:Q1: where can the specifications for a GUARDIAN 19 be found?
If the HIN indicates WCG, try the Brunswick Commercial and Government Boats website:

https://www.brunswickcgp.com/boston-wha ... rdian.html

Hawkeye wrote:Q3: where can information related to the hull serial number be found?
If you are talking about the federal hull identification number (HIN), read the FAQ answer at

Q2: Where is the Hull Identification Number?
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/FAQ/#Q2

If you are talking about a hull stenciled number that was molded into the hull--if there even is one--generally there is not any on-line information about specific hull stenciled numbers. There is only a general guide to the different blocks of stencil numbers and which models there were used with. See the FAQ at Q2 as linked above. You need to read the entire FAQ Q2 answer carefully and for comprehension if you want to learn how to interpret the HIN or the stenciled number. Follow the links the the FAQ to the resources available.

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Sat May 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi Jimh

Thank you very much for the quick reply ,i really appreciate it.

I'm going to take a secure look at the Q2 section. At least it's an boston whaler company boat, since the number starts with BWC

BWC 6351 H295

Thank you guys and have a great weekend

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat May 20, 2023 7:48 pm

The cited HIN is said to be

BWC 6351 H295

The HIN is in the Model Year or New Format, as the model year is clearly indicated as 1995.

This HIN decodes as follows

BWC = the MIC for Boston Whaler
6352 = production sequence--see below
H = month of production = August
2 = last digit of year of production--see below
95 = model year = 1995

There are two problems with the HIN. The production sequence should be a five character alpha-numeric sequence, and only four characters are given. The year of production should either be the same as the model year, or one year prior to the model year, if the month of production was July or later.

By 1995 the federal HIN was required to be molded into the hull laminate or engraved into the hull. That there are missing numbers or numbers that do not fit the coding pattern is unusual. Please look more carefully at the HIN. Perhaps you can provide a clear photograph of the HIN.

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Hi Jimh,

I couldn't find the number on the hull or transom. I did discovered a serial on the registration plate. Not sure if it's correct but this is the serial listed: BWL 6351 EH 29356157