Fall Boating Snowbird Migration Underway

A conversation among Whalers
Jefecinco

Fall Boating Snowbird Migration Underway

Postby Jefecinco » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:27 am

Yachts and cruisers from Canada and the North continue to travel Southward through the ICW to Florida and points farther South. We wish them good luck and fair weather.
Butch

PatSea

Re: Fall Boating Snowbird Migration Underway

Postby PatSea » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:54 am

Mine isn't a yacht or cruiser but we tow our 13-foot Boston Whaler to southwest Florida from Ohio every year. We leave Ohio on New Years Eve and return on March first. Our boat is in our back yard on a canal and I enjoy fishing around the mangroves.

I travel Interstate 75 frequently. At this time of the year there are many travel trailers and motor homes, some towing boats, all headed south to Florida.

Jefecinco

Postby Jefecinco » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:17 am

Good to know. Our population will come close to doubling by January. Some city facilities will become overcrowded, our library and fitness center are examples. Parking spaces for shopping will also become more difficult to find.
Butch

jimh

Postby jimh » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:35 am

We are up north for the weekend. Not a single boat left in the water at any marina up here. This morning the air temperature is 26-degrees-F, and ice is forming at shoreline at our location on Lake Michigan.

Masbama

Postby Masbama » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:52 pm

This is a wonderful time for boating here in Mobile. There are not too many places I know of where one can look straight ahead and see dolphins then look up and see a bald eagle.

Bald Eagle
https://postimg.cc/k6xt2Rgf

Dolphin
https://postimg.cc/2bpZj7r1