Q1: what fabricators of seat cushions for a 1974 SUPER SPORT 13 are recommended, other than Anderson Manufacturing & Upholstery and Specialty Marine?
Q2: between Anderson Upholstery and Specialty Marine, which vendor is recommended?
Q3: should I prefer a two-inch-thick cushion over a one-inch-thick cushion?
BACKSTORY
Have a 1974 SUPER SPORT 13. I got two quotes for cushions: one vendor asked $1,285 while the other asked $761 for the same cushion(s), but the cushion thickness was different (1-inch versus 2-inch).
Recommedation for Seat Cushions
Re: Recommedation for Seat Cushions
For the recommendation of the continuousWave website, please see the article in REFERENCE at
Original Equipment Manufacturers and
Recommended Vendors
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... upholstery
Original Equipment Manufacturers and
Recommended Vendors
https://continuouswave.com/whaler/refer ... upholstery
-
farnsrocket
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Re: Recommedation for Seat Cushions
I bought a bow cushion, a big front console cooler cushion and two smaller cooler cushions for my 1986 Montauk 17 from Specialty Marine. I had to go through their website and pick the cooler cushions based on dimensions since my coolers are RTIC coolers and not tradition sizes I guess. I am new to the Boston Whaler scene and it wasn't until after my purchase that I started reading reports of ill regard to Specialty Marine in general. For what it's worth, these seem to be well made and feel like solid cushions. So far they've held up on a 2 week fishing/snorkeling trip in The Keys .......time will tell how they last in the years to come.